When people tell me that the distance between man and God is insurmountable, I say to them, you are correct. However, if you start seeking Him then you will find the distance was only as far as you made it!
Seeking God has always been a man-made issue. God has never been apart from us in any single minute of our lives. He tells us in Jeremiah chapter twenty-nine that He foreknew us before He created the earth. I don’t know about you but that leaves me either believing man who says there is no God, or it leaves me believing God who says He is with me wherever I go.
(Joshua 1:9) To me, there is no greater hope than knowing that my God is with me and He will always be there for me. I don’t have to search far and wide, I do not have to celebrate His existence once a year in some wild fashion to be in His presence. Rather I am to only speak His name, and He hears me! (I John 5: 14-15, Psalm 4:3)
There is no greater joy in life than knowing you have a purpose, a value, and meaning! How can you be certain of this truth, look no farther than to the One who made you! God’s word is filled with demonstrations of just how much He loves you. The world would have you think that prayer is useless, it is only for the weak who cannot take care of their own lives. I have seen, in the news reticently, just how far the world wants to drive us from God. They tell those who find refuge in God “time for prayer is over”, or they shout “God isn’t listening”. This couldn’t be farther from the truth.
Here are a few truths about God:
- God was here in the beginning, and He will be there till the very end. Genesis 1 John 1:1 Revelation 1:8, 21:6, 22:13
- God will never be apart from you. Deuteronomy 31:6 & 8, Joshua 1:9, Hebrews 13:5
- Don’t fear those who wish to lead you away from God, for He has overcome all things. John 16:33, I John 4:4, 5:4-5
- God loves you more than you could ever imagine! John 3:16-17
Here are some truths about the enemy/world:
- God has given us many warnings about the work of the enemy. John 10:10, I Peter 5:8
- The enemy wants to weaken you to lose your faith. Genesis 3:1, I John 3:8
- It wants to rob you of your giving God any praise or glory. The enemy will never rest, it will never stop trying to deceive you. II Corinthians 4:4
- The enemy will always hate the light, and God in you is the greatest light ever made! II Corinthians 11:14
- Satan will never overcome God! Revelation 12:7-9
Today I ask you to drowned out the voices that tell you that God is not near you! Today I ask you to remember we serve the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords, and no cry or petition will ever go unheard! Today I ask you to share this good news with everyone you come in contact with today and remember the words of Habakkuk: 2:1
Be encouraged today that our God is not done, nor will He ever stop the work He began.
God Bless you all!
Leave a Reply